Social Strides is an innovative inclusion program for students requiring social skills and academic skills assistance in a general education setting in grades Kindergarten through Second Grade. Social Strides is appropriate for children with social-emotional difficulties, attentional problems (e.g., ADHD), high-functioning Pervasive Developmental Disorders (e.g., Asperger’s Syndrome, High Functioning Autism, PDD-NOS),
and learning disabilities.
- Social Communication/Social Skills Program based on individualized needs of students
- Ongoing Parent and Teacher consultation (clinic meetings, speakers, newsletter)
- Behavioral Specialist and School Psychologist on-staff
- Teacher Assistants in place during special periods and inclusion opportunities
- Behavior Intervention Plan Development (both classroom-wide and individualized plans as needed)
- Occupational Therapy including Handwriting Without Tears Program